Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Man and His Art

We've been treated to a few glimpses of Happy's burgeoning creativity:


You might wonder why in the world his parents let him take crayons to bed with him... it's a good question. He only recently became interested in drawing with them. Mostly he just plays "dump them out and put them back into their jar". 
Actually, though it means we'll be doing some painting in his room before we move out of this house, I think the room's look has improved.


This is our fridge and the magnet-drawing he created one morning. I thought it was pretty cute.

5 comments:

  1. That is quite the mural he has created. I like it. He obviously takes his work seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I see we aren't the only family with colorful walls. Pippin was pretty good and generally colored on paper . However, Merry seems to think every surface in the house needs to be colored, including but not limited to walls, stairs, dressers, and beds. We certainly have a colorful house now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the freedom that I feel with the wall art. The fridge art is quite precise.
    What can I say... the posterity is full of burgeoning artists!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the blog link! I love your pictures, and your blog! I can't wait to get the chance to read up on it. AND....love the art. Great job Felix. I bet you were surprised when you walked in there the first time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice mural. I think I see Jar-Jar Binks in the melee. I once got in trouble for drawing cartoons on my desk in 10th grade chemistry class. I thought they were cool, but the student who sat in the desk after me apparently did not. Nor did the teacher. (Well, he might have, but regardless I was summoned back to class to clean the desk.) I probably looked much like Happy in his artists portrait -- self-reflective and a little sheepish.

    ReplyDelete