Thursday, March 17, 2011

A Very Happy Saint Pat's Day to Ye!

Maybe we've got Irish-envy. Maybe it's that we love all things green. Maybe we wish we could find a pot-o-gold. Whatever the reason, we're feeling especially festive this year and wanted to share a musical Saint Patrick's Day greeting with you.
You'd be right in guessing that we don't have a lot of time to play music together these days, but we were both able to record a few things individually. Curmudgeon has been entertaining us all with his Irish-fiddle-playing and I still like to sing the old sad songs. Don't mind the noisy pub-goers in the background. We thought they were so cute that I didn't want to cut them out during the editing process. I also (apologies to Curmudgeon) enjoyed the little warm-up sounds and squeaks of the fiddle. And since I was in control of editing, I left those in too. Because they're charming.
Enjoy!





3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed these greatly. The intermission in Dalaigh's Polka reminded me of the song we studied in AD, God Created the Great Whales, where the orchestra takes time out to make way for recordings of whalesong. I like how you've done the same thing to make way for PunkyChunk song.

    For some reason, I'm also thinking of the old SNL sketch that we recorded when we were young, of Irish drinking songs. One of them stands out which I think you ought to have done. The lyrics were: "I've only time for one more drink, it seems my wife has died."

    Happy St. Patricks Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice!

    It makes me want to get out my fiddle again. Maybe replace the string that broke. It would be fun.

    ReplyDelete