Friday, April 22, 2011

April: Cons & Capers (4 of 4)

The Sting!!

One of the gems of my childhood. I don't know how many times we sat and watched this movie as a family or listened to the record (Joplin piano rags). Robert Redford and Paul Newman are one of the great duos of hollywood history and they don't disappoint one moment in this classic.


Redford is a small-town crook who goes to learn "the big con" under the tutelage of Newman, a drunk has-been who hasn't run a con for years. Together, they set out con one of the most powerful, dangerous and vengeful gangsters in Chicago... and get away with it? You'll have to make it to the end to find out.

Enjoy!

And by the way--no comments this month? What gives? Surely somebody watched something with us! (Especially after the long spiel I gave in favor of Brothers Bloom! Come on, I want to know what you thought of it!)

1 comment:

  1. I just showed this post to my husband, who as an avid Newman/Redford fan. We were both surprised he had not watched this film.
    Thanks for the review.

    PS. I love your blog, very thought provoking and interesting. You are inspiring me to put more of my interests and life views into my blog, rather than just using it as a journal space for family activities. :) Take care.

    ReplyDelete