Thursday, April 7, 2011

Another NIght

Punky, aka Chubbles, is a giant baby. Alys has suspected that part of her getting up every two hours during the night now is due to barely fitting in her crib/bassinet. (Who knows why she didn't sleep a few months ago when she fit just fine?) So, after a particularly bad night, Alys made the executive decision today to put Happy in the toddler bed, and put Punky in his crib.
Happy was pretty happy about the bed. He sat contented on his bed with a pile of colored pencils while I read stories, sang him a song, and held hands for prayer. That was a little past 7. He continued to make noise for another 90 minutes. A little past nine I heard a loud THUMP from his room. I went upstairs and heard nothing from his room but his white noise machine. When I quietly opened the door to look in, he was sitting on his bed, silently sorting some toys. He wasn't facing me and didn't look when I looked in; I closed the door and went back downstairs. No noise since, nor have I checked in again. Chubbles has also not made a peep, but the night is young (11pm).

1 comment:

  1. And now it's morning...Happy slept great and seems to like his new bed. Punky only got up 3 times. Believe me, that's a HUGE improvement!

    ReplyDelete