Monday, August 27, 2012

Bait and Switch

Curmudgeon got called to teach early-morning seminary this year.  Once we'd taken a couple of weeks to adjust to it they pulled a bait-n-switch. "By the way, we neglected to mention it before, but there are some dress and grooming standards for seminary teachers." Whaa?! Curmudgeon took it a lot better than I did, but we made the transition a fun one by milking his wooly beard for all it was worth during the shaving process. Anybody want to cast a vote on your favorite look?
Besides adventures in shaving, life continues much the same for us here. Happy has started playing "caves" a lot so we've got a semi-permanent blanket fort set up in the living room. 

Crazy kids.
Anyway, it's all fun here.

4 comments:

  1. By the by, we noticed in tese cute Picts, chubbles is starting to really look like emily, but happy is looking more like you! Fun fun and my vote was 1977.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm grateful for sacrifice! (both of you) As I explained to my son when the bishop wanted him to cut his hair to pass the sacrament, "he's the director and if you want to be in the play you dress the part!" Son chose not to be in the play, which was fine, but felt differently at age 19 and joined the cast, squeaky-clean, for his mission.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My personal favorite is the 1977 look. Please bring it back next summer after seminary is over! :)

    Thanks for sharing these pictures--very funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1977 wins! That was my pick before I saw the comments. (Of course I graduated from high school in '77--could be partial.) And Chubbles looks so grown up!

    ReplyDelete