Sunday, May 8, 2011

music, music everywhere

Happy will have his first "official" violin lesson tomorrow. The teacher Curmudgeon is student teaching with is a Suzuki guru and has kindly consented to meet boy-o and give us some further tips on how to teach him at this early stage.
So in the spirit of that lesson, here's a cute video I took of him playing the other day:

Also, if you're interested, I promised to post some of the music from our Easter Program a couple of weeks ago. I'll refer you to my other (dedicated music) blog: singlikeanything.blogspot.com. So you'll know what might be most interesting to you, I'll give a list of what we were involved in:

Choir Numbers (I'm the director and C sang in the bass section)
  • "In the Upper Room"
  • "Mid the Stillness of the Night"
  • "Dona Nobis Pacem"
  • "Abide With Me" (I arranged and sang on this one. The balance is a bit off because the mic wasn't exactly in the middle so I'm louder than I should be, but you can still get a bit of a feel for it)
  • "He is Risen!" (C arranged this one and sang too. Ditto about the balance issues)
  • "I Know That My Redeemer Liveth" (C on bass)
  • "Who is this Jesus?" (C on violin. But I feel I should mention that he didn't feel great about how this one went, so just bear in mind that this may not be a fair representation of his skills)

By the way, on a totally unrelated topic, you may have noticed that we've gone two whole weeks without any movies! Worry not, the weekly tradition will continue...probably next month. Or maybe when we're settled into our new place.

1 comment:

  1. How did double happiness' lesson go? He sure is cute with that violin, and he looks like he knows what he's doing!
    I LOVE your arrangement of Abide With Me. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete